Listen to this article

List of Chinese Universities without Application fee

  • Chongqing University, CQU, China (No Application Processing Fee)
  • Donghua University Shanghai (Application fee to be submitted once you get selected)
  • Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang city (OEC JU) (No Application Fee for CSC scholarship)
  • Capital Normal University (CNU) China,
  • The Dalian University of Technology, Liaoning state, China,
  • Northwestern Polytechnical University, Shaanxi State, China
  • Nanjing University, city Nanjing, state Jiangsu
  • Southeast Uni.
  • University of Electronic Science and Technology of China Sichuan Uni
  • Southwest Jiaotong University
  • Wuhan University of technology, city Wuhan, Hebei state, China
  • Shandong University, state Shandong, China.
  • Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing city, province: Jiangsu
  • Tianjin University,
  • Fujian University
  • Southwest University
  • Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications
  • Wuhan University, Hebei state, Wuhan city, China
  • Harbin Engineering University
  • Harbin University of science and technology.
  • Zhejiang Sci-Tech University.
  • Yanshan University,
  • NANJING AGRICULTURE, Jiangsu state, city Nanjing
  • HUAZHONG AGRI.”No Application Processing Fee”
  • NORTHWEST AGRI, No Application Processing Fee SHANDONG university.No Application Processing Fee
  • The Renmin University of China.
  • Northeast Normal University.
  • Northwest A & F University.
  • Shaanxi Normal University.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How can I get the latest information about Chinese Government Scholarship?

You can get the up-to-date scholarship information by visiting or You can also consult the Chinese Embassy (Consulate General) in your home country or designated Chinese universities for your interested information.


  1. What programs can I apply for? When and where can I apply?

The application opens between early January and early April. You should apply and send the required documents to the application receiving agencies before the deadline. The table below tells you when and where to send your applications.


Scholarship programsWhen


to Where to send the


Supporting categoryScholarship coverage


Bilateral ProgramEarly

January to early April (please consult the application receiving agencies for specific deadline

for each program)


dispatching authorities of applicant’s home countryundergraduate students master’s students doctoral students general scholars senior scholarsfull scholarship
Chinese University’s




designated Chinese universitiesmaster’s students doctoral studentsfull scholarship
Great Wall ProgramNational

Commissions for UNESCO in applicant’s home country

general scholars senior scholarsfull scholarship


Office for

Education and Culture,

Mission of P.

R. China to


undergraduate students master’s students doctoral students general scholars senior scholarsfull scholarship




master’s students doctoral studentsfull scholarship




undergraduate students master’s students doctoral students general scholars senior scholarsfull scholarship




undergraduate or graduate students of meteorology, hydrology,

and water

resources supervision & management.

partial scholarship


  1. What are application steps of Chinese Government Scholarship?

The illustration below may help you understand the general application steps. There might be minor differences between programs. Please read the introductions to each program for detailed guidance.

  1. Can I apply for Chinese Government Scholarship without Admission Letters?

Yes. The Pre-admission Letter from a Chinese university is not a necessary application material. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent directly to the host universities for placement confirmation. Applications without the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to universities to go through admission procedure. For applicants without the Pre-admission Letter, CSC cannot assure the host university will be one of the preferences of institution, since the capacity of the universities and the eligibility of the applicants will also be considered.


  1. Does the Letter of Acceptance or email from the supervisor equal to the Pre-admission Letter?

No. Only the Pre-admission Letters (or Admission Letters) issued by the admissions office of designated Chinese universities are considered valid. Other files like acceptance letters from potential supervisors or emails from supervisors or professors shall not be regarded as the equivalent or substitute.


  1. What is “Agency Number” and where can I get it?

Agency Number is the first required item that must be filled when applying online at CSC Online Application System for International Students. Each Agency Number stands for a specific application receiving agency and will be given to the recommended candidates only. A correct Agency Number will lead to the presence of the corresponding application receiving agency while a wrong one will lead to the application rejection. You will only get your Agency Number from your application receiving agency (e.g. Chinese embassy, AUN Secretariat, etc.) when you are recommended as a candidate.


  1. How can I login the CSC Online Application System for International Students?① Go to or, and click the icon “Application Online for International Students” to enter the system.

②First-time users should register before entering the online application page.

③Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or 7.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.


  1. What do I need to pay special attention to when applying online?

①Please select the program CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP.

②The item Apply for refers to the program you want to study rather than the degree you have already held.

Majors should be one of the existing majors offered by Chinese universities and be based on your actual educational background. A nonexistent or improper major input will affect your application result.

Preference of Institutions must be chosen from 279 Chinese universities designated by MOE. Any institution beyond the list will not be available for recruitment.

Duration of the Major Study should match the program you apply for. Please check introductions to each program for the specific schooling period.

⑥ Submitted applications can be retrieved for revision. Once retrieved, the previously submitted application becomes invalid. Therefore, revised application should be submitted one more time.


  1. How to write a Study Plan or Research Proposal?

A Study Plan or Research Proposal states in details what you are going to do with the scholarship in China. It must include such information as the major you want to study in or the field of your research interest. It is of vital importance for those applicants for the graduate studies or senior scholar programs, so please make sure your study plan or research proposal states those information as specific as possible.


  1. Do I have to register for Chinese-taught programs?

①If you are an undergraduate student, you must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. If your Chinese language proficiency does not meet the requirements of your host university, you must take one academic year Chinese language/preparatory courses in one of the 10 designated universities and pass the required tests before moving on to your major studies. Failure to pass the required tests will lead to the automatic termination of your scholarship.

②If you are a graduate student or a non-degree student, you can register for either the Chinesetaught program or the English-taught program if applicable. You can check Program Search (By visiting or to find your interested program. Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese language proficiency must take Chinese language training courses for one to two academic years to reach the language requirements of their host universities before moving on to major studies. Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the termination of scholarship. Recipients in programs such as Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine (Western Medicine), Economics, Management, Legal Studies and Fine arts will take Chinese courses for one academic year. Recipients of Literature, History, Philosophy and Chinese Medicine will take Chinese courses for no more than two academic years. Scholarship students of the English-taught program or with adequate Chinese language proficiency (with valid HSK certificate) do not need to take Chinese language training courses.


  1. Which Chinese universities are under the Chinese Government Scholarship scheme?

A total of 279 Chinese universities are designated by MOE to accept Chinese Government Scholarship students from which you can choose your target university. You can go to or for programs and universities available.


  1. Can I apply directly to Chinese universities for Chinese Government Scholarship?Only the 279 designated Chinese universities under the CGS-Chinese University Program can directly accept individual scholarship applications. You can search your interested university at or


  1. Can I apply for more than one scholarship program?

Yes, but each scholarship recipient can be granted with no more than one scholarship. CSC reserves the right to grant only one scholarship to each individual recipient.


  1. How can I know the admission result?

The admission result will be announced by the application receiving agencies in late July. You can consult the application receiving agencies for admission result then.

  • What is foreigner physical examination? Medical
  • Where can I do foreigner physical examination? Chinese Clinics or Public Sector Hospitals
  • What is degree duration for Master? 2-4 years
  • What is degree duration for PhD? 3-4 Years
  • What problems can occur if you apply with 16 years education for PhD? Degree cancellation or not acceptance in your country
  • Should I send documents to China Scholarship Council (CSC) address? No
  • What is quality of research in Chinese Universities? Good
  • Is there any course work in Chinese universities for MS and PhD Degree? Yes for MS (20-36 credits) for PhD sometime (6 to 18)
  • Is it safe to study in China? Yes
  • Is it safe to study in China for Girls? Yes
  • Is it safe to study in China MBBS or it is useful? BIG NO
  • Can we get Hilal food in China? Yes
  • Are Chinese people easy going or nice? Yes
  • How much I can save from Stipend? About 1200-1500 RMB (20 to 15 Thousand)


4.5/5 - (2 votes)


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here