36.3 C
China
星期四, 18 4 月, 2024
spot_img
Homechinese poemsMother by Shu Ting~ 舒婷《啊,母亲》with English Translations

Mother by Shu Ting~ 舒婷《啊,母亲》with English Translations

Listen to this article

Mother
《啊,母亲》

When your pale fingers straightened the hair at my temples,
你苍白的指尖理着我的双鬓,
I couldn’t help tugging at your collar
我禁不住象儿时一样
As I used to in childhood.
紧紧拉住你的衣襟。
O mother!
呵,母亲!
To retain your gradually fading image,
为了留住你渐渐隐去的身影,
Though dawn has already dissipated the dream,
虽然晨曦已把梦剪成烟缕,
I have not dared open my eyes for a long while.
我还是久久不敢睁开眼睛。
I still jealously guard that crimson scarf,
我依旧珍藏着那鲜红的围巾,
Lest washing rob it of
生怕浣洗会使它
That faint scent of yours.
失去你特有的温馨 。
O mother!
呵,母亲!
Is not time as heartless as a flowing stream?
岁月的流水不也同样无情?
Lest memories also fade
生怕记忆也一样退色呵,
I dare not open their scrolls.
我怎敢轻易打开它的画屏。
A tiny pin-prick once made me scream out for you.
为了一根刺我曾向你哭喊,
Today, though I wear a crown of thorns I dare not
如今带着荆冠,我不敢
Utter a single groan.
一声也不敢呻吟。
O mother!
呵,母亲!
In my grief I often gaze upon your portrait.
我常悲哀地仰望你的照片,
Even if cries could penetrate the yellow earth
纵然呼唤能够穿透黄土,
How could I dare disturb your peaceful sleep?
我怎敢惊动你的安眠。
I have never displayed my heart’s gifts like this before,
我还不敢这样陈列爱的祭品,
Though I often dedicated songs
虽然我写了许多支颂歌
To flowers, sea and dawn.
给花、给海、给黎明 。
O mother!
呵,母亲!
The sweet, profound memory I cherish of you
我的甜柔深谧的怀念呵,
Is no cascade, no rapids,
不是瀑布,不是激流,
But an ancient, songless well, hidden among flowers and trees.
是花木掩映中唱不出歌声的枯井。

Rate this post
iStudy
iStudy
Create International Study Opportunities For All Youth

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Random University

Flag Counter

Recent Comments

Translate »