26.9 C
China
星期五, 3 5 月, 2024
spot_img
Homechinese poemsElegy by Wu Sheng ~吴晟《挽歌》 with English Translations

Elegy by Wu Sheng ~吴晟《挽歌》 with English Translations

Listen to this article

Elegy
《挽歌》

Yes, I experienced youth—
是的,我曾体验过年轻
The heady hovering of youth,
年轻的飞翔
In the small village where I once grew.
在我生长的小村庄
I experienced youth’s bewilderment;
我曾体验过年轻的仿徨
Every forlorn beam of starlight knows.
每一晚迷茫的星光都知道
Yes, I experienced springtime—
是的,我曾体验过春天
The fragrance of spring,
春天的芬芳
In the small village where I once grew. I experienced the mildew smell of spring;
在我生长的小村庄我曾体验过春天的霉味
Every rotting petal knows.
每一片腐烂的落花都知道
Yes, I experienced love-
是的,我曾体验过爱
The intoxication of love,
爱的沉醉
In the small village where I once grew.
在我生长的小村庄
I experienced the agony of love;
我曾体验过爱的绞痛
Every sad gaze of yours knows.
你每一道凄凉的凝视都知道
Yes, I experienced singing—
是的,我曾体验过歌
The charm of song,
歌的激荡
In the small village where I once grew
在我生长的小村庄
Once I seemed to hear my own dirge;
我曾隐隐闻见自己的挽歌
Every blade of the cemetery grass knows.
每一株坟场的小草都知道

Rate this post
iStudy
iStudy
Create International Study Opportunities For All Youth

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Random University

Flag Counter

Recent Comments

Translate »